London, Part Time (2 days / week, going up to 4 days / week by 2013).
£18,000 – £25,000 pro rata Depending on experience.
JAILmake is a design studio based in South London. Established in 2011 we specialise in designing and making small runs and bespoke physical objects, offering development, prototyping and production to creatives in London and all over the UK.
We research, design, make, test, install and do everything else that happens in between.
From our studio we have designed and built large scale installations, sculptures and interactive exhibition pieces, bespoke furniture and interiors, as well as pieces of engineering, mechanics and electronics. Our clients include Anish Kapoor, Lowe & Partners, Museum Of Science and Industry, London College of Fashion, The ICA, Working Title Films, Antron and The Glastonbury Festival.
We’re growing, and we need someone who can keep an eye on the running of the studio while the two partners keep the workshop moving and the work coming in.
Responsibilities will include:
• Liasing directly with the two partners and keeping the studio running smoothly.
• Ordering materials; liasing directly with workshop staff and suppliers to make sure they have what they need and in good time.
• Keeping clients informed of any developments with their projects.
• Book keeping and preparing the accounts for our accountant.
• Paying invoices and invoicing.
• Organising deliveries & installs.
• Keeping on top of work schedules and booking in freelancers.
• Ensuring work is delivered on deadline and on budget.
• Writing press releases and helping with any marketing.
Skills / Experience required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organised and able to deal with a varied workload.
• Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
• Experience of office administration/book keeping, IT literate, numerate.
• An understanding of, or interest in, design and creative industries.
Please email CV and a covering letter (maximum one page of a4) explaining why you are interested in the role, showing how your experience and skills meet our requirments- please give specific examples of roles you have had in the past.
Successful applicants will be notified within two weeks, interviews will be held towards the end of August.
Closing date: August 3rd 2012